In the near future, our society will face serious challenges on a global scale. We already have to solve tasks arising due to climate change, natural disasters, disturbances of ecosystems, increasing vulnerability of infrastructure and pollution. Specialists capable of handling large geo-data sets and able to convert them into meaningful information are becoming indispensable. Our recently introduced bachelor course based on the concept of environmental geoinformatics intends to fill the gap.
This course offers a complex education in the field of Geographic Information Systems and Remote Sensing. These techniques are applicable in various fields of environmental research and geosciences. Together we will focus on current topics in water resources management, ecology, and physical geography. Your study will include thoroughly hands-on experience with state-of-the-art instruments and processing software.
You will become knowledgeable in:
Several Earth science disciplines such as cartography, physical geography, ecology, and hydrology.
You will become proficient in:
- Mapping of the Earth’s environment from images taken from orbit and UAVs
- Working with digital map layers and designing your own maps
- Evaluation of surface scans by airborne laser which can see through a forest canopy
- Navigation and surveying with accurate GPS devices
- Developing geo-applications
You will be able to convert your degree into a rewarding career in industry (exploration of natural resources, environmental auditing, and remediation), research institutions (environmental research) or in public administration (e.g. nature conservation, management of spatial databases).
- You will study in a park-like campus together with more than 25,000 Czech and international students.
- You will be able to explore the ancient capital of our country and have the chance to enjoy the cultural richness and natural beauty of Central Europe.
- You will take part in the vibrant life of our country.
|Type of study:||Bachelor study programme|
|Standard length of study:||3 years|
|Language of study:||English|
|Awarded title:||Bc (Bachelor - internationally recognized BSc. equivalent)|
|Tuition fee:||9 000 CZK (approx. 330 EUR/year)|