If you are a prospective intern, please make sure you find yourself a supervisor first. Follow the instruction on how to find a supervisor. The Faculty of Environmental Sciences does not financially contribute to the student's internship (only in case of incoming interns). In rare cases, it is possible after a previous agreement with the supervisor.
In some cases, the supervisor can decide to inquire about an English interview to decide the student's eligibility.
The recommended minimum period for the internship is at least 3 months.
Thesis or projects
If the exchange student is interested in writing a project or his/her thesis at FES, the course can be assigned only in the following conditions:
- The student has to find the CZU supervisor before arriving at CZU.
- When the student finds a CZU supervisor and agrees on terms with the CZU supervisor, the student can enquire about the course code from the faculty Erasmus coordinator for incoming students.
How to find a supervisor?
- Identify first what project or thesis you want to do and write about;
- Look for similar research project topics or research groups or faculty departments; each department offers its own website with detailed information on current research topics.
- Email the supervisor and do not forget the following:
- brief introduction of yourself;
- be clear in what you need;
- why the research topic is interesting for you and how it would help you develop your prospective thesis or pass the requirements of your home university, etc;
- what you want to do and what you can do (i.e. What do you want to do in the laboratory? What do you need to analyse and finalise? Etc.)
- why the supervisor (express your motivation) caught your attention;
- what type of funding you have;
- how long you want to stay and when it should start;
- what type of exchange programme you are going to use;
- signature at the end of the email.
- Do not forget to include your CV and Transcript of Records;
- In most cases, it is better to include a Language Certificate (at least B2 English skills are required).
Write your thesis at FZP!
We would like to offer you an opportunity to work on your diploma/bachelor thesis on a selected topic at FZP within the Erasmus+ internship program. Here you can find a proposal of the topics offered by prof. Dana Komínková, who would be your supervisor at the university.
The internship must take two months as a minimum, and it will be possible from September 2022.
For more details, contact prof. RNDr. Dana Komínková, Ph.D. at email@example.com from FZP.