The Faculty of Environmental Science (FES) is the leading body of university education, research, development and expert activities in the environmental - ecological field. Doctoral studies at the FES are both full-time and combined and last 4 years. Subjects are taught in Czech and English.
We at FES are open to new ideas and will not hesitate to support promising projects and their young researchers. We understand the needs of doctoral students, and we therefore offer them a wide range of professional support:
- scholarship system based on student performance, including rewards for publishing,
- possibility of financing projects from faculty resources and the university grant agency,
- reimbursement of costs associated with publishing scientific outputs,
- financial participation of faculty for active participation in conferences,
- a rich offer of internships and study trips,
- accommodation in dormitories on the university campus,
- free access to specialized databases (Web of Science, etc.),
- use of excellently-equipped laboratories and state of the art scientific equipment and software.
The following are the priority fields of FES research and development:
- general, applied and landscape ecology, population ecology, ecology of plant and animal communities, biodiversity conservation, management of protected areas,
- protection of selected environmental issues, methodological EIA/SEA issues, old environmental burdens, environmental chemistry, transportation of pollutants, environmental modeling, utilization and disposal of waste,
- comprehensive biotechnical modifications in a landscape, soil protection, reclamation of devastated land, land improvements,
- environmental geochemistry, hydrogeology, geology and paleoecology, environmental management systems and environmental education,
- hydric regime of ecosystems and landscapes and rainfall-runoff process in a landscape, including the possibility of its management, modeling of hydrological processes in a landscape,
- spatial planning and urbanism of rural areas, construction projects for rural areas.