Are you a fresh enrolled full-time student at the Faculty of Environmental Sciences (FZP), CZU Prague?
Are you going to study at any programme at FZP which is taught in English?
If both answers are yes, then we have an opportunity for you.
The International Relations Office FZP can provide international students, newly enrolled at programmes taught in English, with limited financial support.
The primary aim of this scholarship is to support qualified international students financially, during their first semester at the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, that they can settle in and get used to living and studying in the Czech Republic.
When is the deadline for application?
October of each academic year
Who can apply?
- both international students coming from abroad and Czech students are eligible for funding,
- students who are newly enrolled at the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, CZU Prague, in the first year of the following bachelor‘s degree programmes:
- o Environmental Engineering
- o Environmental Data Science
- students who are newly enrolled at the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, CZU Prague, in the first year of the following master‘s degree programmes:
- o Environmental Geosciences
- o Environmental Modelling
- o Landscape Planning
- o Nature Conservation
In addition, all the following conditions must be met:
- student starts the studies at the beginning of winter semester as a full-time student,
- student achieved perfect grades in the previous studies,
- student needs financial support,
- student has not studied the same study level at another university in the Czech Republic,
- student has to submit a complete and signed application form and CV in the English language,
- student uploaded a Czech bank account in the UIS profile,
- student takes part in courses.
Who is NOT eligible for applying?
- exchange students or short-term exchange students,
- students who received Visegrad scholarship,
- students who received a full or partial scholarship from another organisation/institution (for example scholarship from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports Czech Republic),
- students who receive any other scholarship.
- 4 600 CZK / month; IRO FZP can decide to issue a smaller amount of scholarship in rare cases based on the financial sources of FZP
- Period of scholarship: maximum of 4 months (for October, November, December, January)
Start of scholarship payments
November of each academic year
To apply, please send us the following application document:
- Properly completed, printed and originally signed application form
Additional documents which applicants might want to hand in to support their application:
- Any relevant document which shows your social situation, e.g. certified copies (and their translations if applicable) of marriage certificates or birth certificate(s) of your child(ren) in Czech or English.
After the submission of the application, the document is first checked for completeness and then assessed by an internal faculty selection committee in terms of content. The student selection eligible for scholarship is made based on the written application document. The main selection criteria are academic achievements and financial need. A properly completed application does not guarantee scholarship support.
All applicants will receive an e-mail stating their outcome as soon as the committee decides. We ask applicants to refrain from contacting us. The decision is final, and it is not possible to appeal.
We kindly ask applicants to refrain from contacting us regarding the application results before their announcement.
Please note that your application can only be considered if you submit a properly completed application form, along with required document within the given deadline and you are enrolled student at the Faculty of Environmental Sciences, CZU Prague.
Please, send the documents as an e-mail attachment to the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org ONLY bachelor’s degree students
email@example.com ONLY master’s degree students
Incomplete applications, as well as applications which were not received in due time, will not be considered!